Inflammation of the prostate gland is a fairly common disease that many middle-aged and older men face. There can be many reasons for its occurrence: from congestion in the pelvic region to the presence of infections in the body. Prostatitis is a very insidious disease that can lead to various negative consequences. Therefore, his treatment is imperative. This can be done using traditional methods using drugs. But no less effective is the treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies. How to do it correctly?
When and how is prostatitis manifested?
The risk group for the likelihood of prostatitis includes overweight men who lead an inactive lifestyle. At the same time, factors that contribute to the inflammation of the prostate include:
- The presence of various diseases of the genitourinary system, including sexually transmitted diseases.
- Frequent constipation.
- Sexual abstinence.
Prostatitis develops when blood circulation in this area is impaired. In this case, harmful microorganisms that cause the inflammatory process can easily penetrate here.
Symptoms of prostatitis may differ for each patient. At the same time, you can suspect its development by the following signs:
- Pulling pain appears in the perineum and lumbar region.
- The patient notes rapid fatigue and excessive irritability.
- There is a burning sensation in the urethra.
- The semen becomes thin and cloudy.
- The process of urination is painful, the urine stream becomes thin.
- White threads can be seen in urine.
- Decreased potency and soreness during ejaculation.
Having noticed such signs in himself, a man should contact a urologist who, having assessed the situation, will be able to prescribe the necessary therapy. For this, both medicinal and traditional methods of treating prostatitis are used.
For more than one century, people have tried to cure prostatitis using traditional medicine methods, which are based on the use of decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs. During all this time, numerous recipes have accumulated that are still used today. The most common and effective folk remedies for prostatitis:
- Pumpkin seeds. They contain a lot of zinc - an essential element for men's health. Those who have noticed the first signs of prostatitis are advised to eat about 30 of these seeds daily. They are advised to use them not only for prostatitis and impotence, but also for those who have prostatic hyperplasia.
- Pumpkin with honey. To prepare such a product, you need 500 g of pumpkin seeds - it is important that they are raw. Grind them with a meat grinder or food processor and mix with 200 g of natural honey. From the resulting mixture, you need to roll balls, slightly larger than a hazelnut. The product should be stored in the refrigerator. Several times a day (always before meals), you need to dissolve 1 ball. From this amount of products, the number of balls for the entire course of treatment is obtained.
- Aspen bark. It is necessary to collect it in early spring, before the first leaves begin to appear on the tree. The bark thickness should not exceed 3-5 mm. The collected raw materials are dried in the oven and crushed. The bark is folded into a liter jar so that the container is 1/3 full. Pour the jar to the top with water and leave for 2 weeks. For this you need to choose a place that is dark and not hot. After that, strain the infusion and drink before meals (1 tablespoon each). This remedy is not suitable for patients who have had an intolerance to any of its components, those who suffer from constipation, dysbiosis and various chronic ailments.
- Hazel. Reviews say that one of the most effective folk remedies for the treatment of prostatitis is prepared from this plant and guarantees the effect after a week of use. For its preparation, the leaves and bark of hazel are used (it is important that all raw materials are fresh). All ingredients are crushed. 1 tablespoon of prepared raw materials is brewed in 200 ml of boiling water and infused for about 30 minutes. It is convenient to use a thermos for this. After that, the medicine is filtered, divided into 4 equal parts and drunk during the day.
- Chestnut shells. This broth is used for prostatitis and adenoma. The shell is crushed, brewed with boiling water and drunk instead of tea. The broth increases appetite, so it is recommended to do a cleansing enema from time to time.
- Parsley is an excellent folk remedy for the treatment of prostatitis. This plant has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect. There are several treatments. One is to use fresh root juice before every meal. Alternatively, you can use parsley seeds, which are ground to a powder and made into a decoction. To prepare such a medicine, 4 teaspoons of powder, which is prepared from plant seeds using a coffee grinder, is poured with boiling water (about 200-250 ml) and boiled for 15 minutes in a water bath. Further, the container with the broth is set aside until it cools completely. After cooling, strain the broth and drink 1 spoon at regular intervals up to 6 times a day. Patient reviews prove that the treatment of prostatitis in men using parsley seeds or root is very effective.
- Pear. Wild varieties of this tree will help cure prostatitis. To do this, it is enough to drink a compote made from pears every day (you can dry it). Already 3-5 days of taking it, the prostate will bother the man less.
- Garlic. Treating prostatitis at home can be done with garlic. To prepare a remedy, you need to cut 5 cloves of garlic into small pieces and pour 500 ml of boiling water. The medicine is infused during the night. In the morning, filter the product and drink 50 ml 2 times on an empty stomach.
- Natural juices. Even chronic prostatitis can be treated with equal amounts of freshly squeezed asparagus, cucumber, carrot, and beetroot juice daily.
The use of folk remedies for prostatitis in men will be more effective if they are combined with a massage of the prostate gland. In folk medicine for prostatitis, it is suggested to use:
- Radiola is pink. For the preparation of a medicinal product, the root of the plant is used, which is pre-crushed. 200 ml of boiling water is poured over 1 tablespoon of raw materials and boiled for 15 minutes over very low heat. After the broth has cooled, strain it. Take the medicine 2 times a day, 100 ml.
- Celandine. Juice is squeezed out of the plant, which is mixed with alcohol in equal proportions. You need to drink such a remedy on an empty stomach, diluting it in 50 ml of water. It is necessary to start treatment with 1 drop, adding daily drop by drop and so on until the daily dose is 30 drops. After that, it is necessary to reduce the dosage daily by 1 drop per day. The course of treatment in this way will be 2 months. After a break of 2 weeks, the course of treatment should be repeated.
- Kalanchoe. The recipe for using it is as follows: crushed leaves of a plant (1 glass) are poured with 500 ml of vodka and left for 5 days in a dark and cool place so that the drug is infused. The finished tincture is taken 1 teaspoon per day. After the signs of prostatitis disappear, you will need to take 1 teaspoon of tincture per week as a preventive measure.
- Another recipe with Kalanchoe: 100 g of fresh plant leaves are ground in a meat grinder and poured with 1 glass of medical alcohol. You need to infuse the drug for 20 days in a dark place. After that, it is filtered and drunk 1 teaspoon 3 times a day. Reviews indicate that such treatment with folk remedies reduces pain and other symptoms of prostatitis.
- Wheat grass. Herbalists are familiar with the anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties of this plant. To make a medicine from it, you will need the roots of the plant, which are crushed and poured with cold water so that it completely covers the raw material. The agent settles in a dark place for 10-12 hours. The roots will swell in the morning. Now they need to be poured with boiling water (1. 5 liters), wrapped and left for 1 hour. The medicine is taken 3 times a day, 100 ml.
Use of bee products
Folk remedies for prostatitis not only treat the disease, but also help to normalize the body as a whole.
For example, honey and propolis are used as a prophylactic agent for diseases of the heart and blood vessels. They also lead to rejuvenation of the body, saturate it with useful substances, have an antibacterial effect.
Alternative treatment of prostatitis can also be carried out using various beekeeping products:
- Honey. In the morning after waking up, you need to eat 1 tablespoon of natural honey.
- Pollen. For the treatment of prostatitis, it is consumed every time before meals 1 dessert spoon.
- Podmore. For treatment, 2 tablespoons of beesworm, which can always be purchased from beekeepers, pour 500 ml of water (room temperature) and bring to a boil. After 2 hours, strain the medicine and drink 1 tablespoon of the broth mixed with a small amount of honey. You need to take the drug 3 times a day. The broth should be stored in the refrigerator.
- Propolis. Its tincture can be bought at every pharmacy. Mix 40 drops of tincture with 100 ml of water and drink half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is 1. 5 months.
- Another effective propolis-based remedy is an enema. To prepare it, 40 g of propolis are mixed with 1 glass of medical alcohol and 2 g of cocoa butter. 2 g of the resulting mixture is dissolved in 100 ml of water, which are used for an enema, which must be done daily for 2 months. After 1 month, the course of treatment is repeated.
- Candles with honey have a good effect. To prepare them, you need to mix 1 medium-sized egg, 1 teaspoon of high-quality honey (it is advisable that it has not yet had time to sugar) and 3 tablespoons of rye flour. As a result, you should get a tight dough, from which you need to roll candles, which are stored in the freezer. Every morning and evening, you must put on a candle.
Treatment of chronic prostatitis with folk remedies can be supplemented with baths. But they should be done only with the permission of the attending physician.
- Make a decoction of chamomile, linden, sage and thyme mixed in equal amounts. 5 tablespoons of the collection are poured with 2 cups of boiling water and allowed to brew for at least 1 hour. Such a folk remedy is poured into a basin. You need to sit in the broth for at least 25 minutes. Duration of treatment is 2 weeks.
- After such a bath, the patient needs to do douching.
Herbal medicine is used not only for treatment, but also for the prevention of prostatitis in men. For preventive purposes, you can use the following tools:
- Ivan tea herb (2 teaspoons of dried raw materials) is brewed with 500 ml of boiling water. Cover the container with the medicine and leave to cool completely. Only then can the infusion be filtered. Take it before meals in the morning and evening.
- Men who want to always be healthy are advised to eat honey and propolis every day, which is crushed and mixed with food.
- 1 kg of peeled walnut kernels and the same amount of sunflower seeds are passed through a meat grinder. Every morning on an empty stomach, you need to mix 1 tablespoon of such a product with 1 onion grated on a fine grater.
Benefits of folk remedies
Starting to treat prostatitis with folk remedies, each patient should remember that this is a fairly long process and requires an integrated approach. The treatment is based on medication. Folk remedies and normalization of lifestyle (healthy lifestyle) are capable of giving them effectiveness, which implies rational nutrition and sports.
The advantages of using folk remedies for the treatment of prostatitis, as in the case of other diseases, include:
- Good portability.
- Lack of various side effects.
- Strengthening the body's defenses.
- Getting rid of comorbidities.
- Possibility to combine a variety of alternative treatments.
Whatever folk remedy is chosen for the treatment or prevention of prostatitis, you need to pay attention to your lifestyle. Analyze how much you work and rest, how you eat and sleep.
To enhance the effect of folk remedies, it is important to perform certain physical exercises that will be aimed at strengthening the pelvic muscles. One of these exercises is squats. But do not forget about regular sexual activity, as abstinence often leads to congestion in the pelvic region, which in most cases becomes the root cause of prostatitis.
All folk remedies used in the treatment of prostatitis should be combined with massage.
Starting treatment with medicinal herbs and other folk methods, the main thing is to set yourself up for a long course of therapy (at least 30 days, although there are situations when the treatment lasts at least 3-6 months). During this period, it is important to take medications regularly and on time. This is the only way to completely defeat prostatitis and protect yourself from its reappearance.