It's not enough to think about how to cure prostatitis in a man, you still need to competently approach this issue. A combination of traditional and traditional therapy will be effective. Initially, you should undergo a full examination, and only then look for an approach to competent treatment. Below you will find out how to heal your prostate.
To start timely treatment, you need to know how the disease manifests itself at the initial stage. The first symptoms of prostatitis:
- soreness in the perineal region;
- difficulty urinating;
- decreased sex drive.
If the disease has passed into a chronic stage, then these symptoms are not so pronounced and disturb periodically. The chronic form of prostatitis is characterized by periods of exacerbation.
How to treat chronic prostatitis with drugs
Many people are interested in whether it is possible to get rid of chronic prostatitis. It should be said right away that yes, but with one condition: you cannot self-medicate. First of all, the doctor must find the right medicines.
Prostatitis can have different forms of course, the selection of drugs will depend on this.
If the disease has an abacterial course, antibiotics will not help here. An exception is test treatment, in which an antibacterial agent is selected in order to confirm or exclude the infectious nature of prostatitis. Of course, an examination of the body is initially carried out, only then it will be possible to engage in therapeutic measures.
Antibacterial drug therapy
Antibiotics are the first choice for prostate inflammation. They are able to have the following effect on the inflamed area:
- In a short time, antibiotics localize the infectious process.
- By eliminating the main causative agent of the disease, inflammation in the prostate is quickly removed.
- Antibiotics are prescribed when indicated.
In addition to antibiotic therapy, additional treatment will be required:
- prostate massage;
- medical gymnastics;
- immunostimulating drugs;
- pain relievers.
The course of treatment for chronic prostatitis is long and is carried out only under the supervision of a doctor. If a patient has a parenchymal or follicular type of prostatitis, it will be necessary to take medications in high doses, only then a therapeutic effect will be achieved.
Antibacterial drugs are divided into broad-spectrum drugs and drugs with fluoroquinolone.
How are antibiotics used? If the analyzes showed a certain type of bacteria, then the necessary antibiotic is selected according to these indicators. So, depending on the type of microorganism, certain drugs may be suitable:
- When ureaplasma, mycoplasma and chlamydia are detected, antibiotics from a number of macrolides, tetracycline and fluoroquinolones will be effective.
- Gonococci are eliminated by almost all types of antimicrobial drugs except for the tetracycline series.
- The same can be said about Escherichia coli, in which only macrolides will not be effective.
What drugs are most often prescribed? Fluoroquinolones. These are the strongest antibiotics and are most often prescribed for prostate tuberculosis. They also have side effects. In the first place is the neurotoxicity of the drug, which affects the brain, in the second - phototoxicity, which reduces the ability of cells to be exposed to ultraviolet radiation.
The fluoroquinolone group includes the following drugs:
Since all of these drugs have some side effects, they are not prescribed for the following diseases and conditions:
- diabetes mellitus;
- intolerance to one or more components;
- under 18 years old.
Tetracycline antibiotics have recently been rarely prescribed if the prostate gland is inflamed. This is due to the negative impact on the human body.
Macrolides are the latest generation of antibiotics. They have a wide spectrum of action and are not as toxic as other antimicrobial agents. But with prostatitis, they are not prescribed so often. Azithromycin is usually used.
How to treat, what types of antibacterial drugs, only the attending physician will answer. The medicine will be selected based on laboratory tests.
Action of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
These medicines are used for congestive chronic prostatitis. Their action is as follows:
- improve blood microcirculation in the pelvic organs;
- normalize secretion outflow;
- reduce inflammation;
- have a beneficial effect on the process of urination;
- help to increase potency and improve the general condition of men.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used only as directed by a physician.
The course of physiotherapy is selected individually in combination with drug treatment. Hardware physiotherapy can include the following procedures:
- Galvanized. Prostatitis is treated with direct current.
- Electrophoresis as a variant of galvanization with the use of drugs.
- Ultrasound. A rectal emitter is used.
- Magnetotherapy. It is prescribed to many, since it has no contraindications.
Physiotherapy methods are compatible with all medications. For the most part, these methods do not carry side effects, with the exception of cases of individual intolerance.
How to treat prostatitis with massage? This method also belongs to physiotherapy. The task of massage is to remove stagnant secretions from the organ. In addition, stimulation of the prostate improves blood circulation in this area.
All actions are performed through the anus. Massaging is carried out through the wall of the rectum. In this case, the doctor monitors the secretion of secretions. If the liquid does not appear, then this indicates complications of the disease.
To achieve a therapeutic effect, you will need an average of 10 massage sessions. You can massage yourself on your own, but first you should learn this, since spontaneous actions can only harm and cause injury to the rectum.
Physical activity is also important during illness. Therefore, the doctor develops a number of exercises that will help to get rid of prostatitis in a complex. The action of remedial gymnastics is aimed at improving the blood supply to the organ, as well as at normalizing metabolic processes.
Treatment of prostatitis is not limited to antibiotics, drugs and actions that improve microcirculation and NSAIDs. During illness, it is very important to cope with the pain that occurs. In this case, the doctor prescribes oral analgesics. In addition, they struggle with the depressive states of men.
Their action is aimed at temporarily reducing pain and improving the tone of the gland. The tablets are prescribed by the urologist based on the symptoms that have appeared and the individual parameters of the patient. The allergic background and the presence of concomitant diseases in the patient are taken into account.
Traditional methods of treatment
Traditional methods will be effective at the onset of the disease. Therefore, try to start treating the disease at the first sign of the disease.
The benefits and benefits of home treatments are as follows:
- Only natural ingredients are used that are not capable of harming the body.
- Medicines are not addictive, as, for example, some pharmacological agents.
- From the available products, you can prepare a remedy in a short time, besides, it will not cost so much.
If we talk about phytotherapy, then medicinal herbs, fruits, berries, roots are used here. Most often, they are aimed at relieving inflammation in the prostate gland. The most popular recipes include the following:
- Applying pumpkin seeds.They contain zinc, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the male body. 500 g seeds (only not fried) need to grind them to a powder state. After that, mix the pumpkin seeds with 200 g of honey and form into small balls the size of a hazelnut. Eat such a ball, chewing well, 2 times a day before meals. Store the rest in the refrigerator. You can simply eat 30 pumpkin seeds daily before meals, this treatment will also improve.
- Hazel.Either the bark or the leaves of the plant can be used. It is worth remembering that the bark takes 2 times longer to brew. Brew 50 g of leaves in 400 g of boiling water and let stand for half an hour. When brewing the bark, then keep the infusion for 1 hour. Take the resulting product 4 times a day, 150 ml.
To get rid of prostatitis once and for all, you need to adhere to many rules for a long time. First, drug therapy is needed, which must be combined with dietary nutrition and an active lifestyle. Secondly, physiotherapy is used, which includes hardware techniques, prostate massage and physiotherapy exercises. An important role is played by symptomatic treatment, therapy of concomitant diseases, as well as psychotherapy. All these actions should ultimately lead to positive results.