Prostatitis symptoms in men
For effective treatment of prostate inflammation, it is important to notice the first signs of prostatitis in time, which depend on the form of pathology, then you can understand how to treat prostatitis. In many men, the acute form of the disease begins with the appearance of unpleasant or painful sensations in the groin and perineum. Pain is troubling during urination and bowel movements.
Together with the listed first symptoms of prostatitis, fever and fever are possible. Urinary retention may gradually occur. This is due to the development of prostate edema, as a result of which its tissue compresses the urethra.
How are the symptoms of chronic prostatitis in men? First of all, you should pay attention to the following signs of prostatitis:
- problems with erection, potency;
- rapid onset of ejaculation;
- difficulties with urine excretion (the stream is interrupted, you have to push, there is a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder, etc. );
- there is a discharge from the urethra;
- depressed mood, fatigue, rapid onset of fatigue.
It is important that in the chronic course of prostatitis in men, its symptoms may be completely absent or appear only during periods of exacerbation. So, with a relapse of pathology, such symptoms of prostate disease as pain in the sacral spine, pressing sensations in the anus and rectum are possible. Such manifestations (in the absence of other symptoms of inflammation of the prostate gland) can give rise to the idea of the development of diseases of the sacrum or intestines, therefore, a thorough diagnosis is required before treatment.
Ignoring the signs of prostatitis, postponing a visit to the doctor "for later" can lead to complications in men, including:
- constant debilitating pain in the perineum;
- depressive disorders, neuroses;
How to treat?
When making a diagnosis of prostatitis, the first thought that comes to mind is how it should be treated? Treatment of symptoms of prostate inflammation in men is carried out mainly on an outpatient basis. Only in the case of severe intoxication, an advanced form of the disease, prostatitis is treated in a hospital.
Therapy for inflammation in the prostate gland requires an integrated approach. This means that several methods are used to eliminate pathology.
- Medicines. Before treating prostatitis with medication, you should be examined to identify the cause of the inflammation. Otherwise, complications may develop, deterioration of health and the addition of new disorders in the body.
- Physiotherapy methods. They include several directions. They make it possible to cure prostatitis in a shorter time.
- Traditional medicine. Treatment of the prostate with folk recipes is recommended as an additional method after consultation with the attending physician. It has an auxiliary symptomatic effect on the disease (helps to reduce secretions, enhance immunity, and so on).
What else can prostatitis be treated with? The course of therapy involves the involvement of psychologists (if necessary), other narrow specialists (for example, when problems with blood vessels, kidneys, liver are detected, their timely cure contributes to a more successful elimination of prostate inflammation). During treatment for prostatitis, it is recommended to adhere to a diet, quit bad habits, revise lifestyle and sleep and rest.
Traditional medicine recipes provide effective treatment of both acute and chronic prostatitis. For inflammation, pain, burning sensation, such remedies as: The variety of folk methods makes it possible to use medicinal raw materials for internal use (oral), rectal in the form of microclysters or self-made suppositories. You can also use the introduction of medicinal products into food. This applies, for example, to parsley, honey, garlic.
How can prostatitis be treated with folk remedies? The following recipes will help to relieve inflammation of the prostate.
- Take one teaspoon of dry hemlock and celandine herb, mix them with half a glass of vodka. Insist 10 days in the dark, drain. The tincture is drunk every morning after waking up before meals (20-30 minutes). The medicine is taken for 60 days according to the following scheme: starting with one drop diluted in 50 ml of water, daily increase the dosage by one more drop, bringing their number to 30, and then decrease in the reverse order (again - to one per day).
- Pour 0. 5 l of boiling water over half a teaspoon of orchis tubers powder, cook for 10 minutes. Leave to cool completely. The broth is taken three times a day, 100 ml.
- Boil 20 g of celery root in a glass of water for 10-15 minutes. Drink half a glass 3 times a day.
Alternative treatment of prostate inflammation involves the manufacture of rectal suppositories from natural ingredients. So, according to the recipe for a propolis suppository, the beekeeping product is poured with alcohol (50 g / 50 ml, respectively), insisted for 14 days, regularly mixing the contents. Then it is kept in the "bath" until the product acquires a dark yellow hue and honey consistency. The resulting product in the amount of 1 gram is mixed with 20 ml of cocoa butter, suppositories of the required size are made from it, and then placed in the cold. The drug is put before bed every day for a month.
Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds relieve prostatitis symptoms well. They can be consumed at any time and in any quantity. On the Internet, you can find other recipes, users willingly share information on how to treat prostatitis with folk remedies. Before using them, be sure to consult a specialist.
Many patients are interested in the question of whether prostatitis can be cured with physiotherapy. Unfortunately, physiotherapy is used only as an additional tool, but it is a mandatory component of complex treatment of the prostate gland in men.
The following physical procedures may be included in the prostatitis treatment regimen, depending on the indication.
- Prostate massage. An effective means of improving blood flow in the gland, providing its tissues with nutrients and medicinal substances and oxygen, removing metabolic products and toxins. With the help of massage, you can restore the functional activity of the organ in a shorter time. Correct and regular use of the technique makes it possible to normalize potency, eliminate symptoms of inflammation and congestion.
The answer to the question of what and how to treat prostatitis in men with medication depends on the identified cause of the disease. Based on the diagnostic data received, the doctor decides on the appointment of certain medications. Among them there may be the following groups of drugs and not only pills for prostatitis.
- Antibacterial agents. Shown in most cases, especially if the cause of the pathology was microorganisms. A man must strictly adhere to the treatment regimen, dosage and duration, since antibiotics in the treatment of prostatitis tend to accumulate in organ tissue. In addition, ignoring the doctor's instructions can lead to a decrease in the quality of therapy and the re-development of the disease.
- Hormone therapy. The medical treatment of prostatitis with hormones is indicated in case of a disturbed hormonal background, which provoked the development of pathology. It is carried out under the strict supervision of a specialist and requires periodic laboratory control.
- Antispasmodics for prostatitis. Provide relaxation of the muscles of the perineum and prostate gland. Eliminate pain, improve blood and lymph flow.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. Aimed at solving the question of how to relieve inflammation of the prostate. In most cases, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used in the form of tablets and capsules, which are taken orally, or suppositories for prostatitis.
In the complex treatment of prostatitis, preparations are used on a natural basis, for example, with propolis, belladonna extract, ichthyol, animal products and other components. The general condition of a man's body also plays an important role. Therefore, drug treatment of prostatitis must necessarily include immunomodulatory agents, vitamin-mineral complexes, drugs that improve metabolism.
Most men, upon hearing the diagnosis of prostatitis, think about how to quickly cure it. However, the primary task is not the time spent on the treatment of the disease, but the quality of treatment. It will also be necessary to check the condition of the prostate gland some time after the end of the course of treatment. Only upon receipt of control results confirming the absence of pathological processes can we speak of a complete cure.
Most often, prostatitis in men is treated at home. To completely get rid of the disease and prevent it from becoming a chronic form, you will need not only taking medications and pills, but also changing your lifestyle. For example, sleep and wakefulness is important. A full night's rest ensures the normalization of the level of male sex hormones. In addition, during sleep, recovery processes take place most intensively and efficiently.
Drinking regime and dietary habits are equally important. To remove toxins from the body (excretion products of microorganisms, drug metabolites, etc. ), you need to drink at least two liters of clean water per day, regardless of tea, compote, soup and other products. Drinking alcohol will reduce the effectiveness of treatment and increase the risk of complications.
It is advisable to reduce the amount of salt consumed in the treatment of prostatitis. This will prevent the development of edema, improve the excretion of urine (salt retains fluid in the tissues of the body). This recommendation also applies to the use of such products and dishes as: smoked meats, canned foods, salted and fermented. If possible, for the duration of treatment (at least) it is better to refuse meat, fried, spicy dishes, especially with an acute form of prostatitis. Priority should be given to boiled food (steamed or in water), herbs, vegetables and fruits, natural vegetable oils, nuts, seafood.