Prostatitis — urogenital pathology related to androgenic type (found only in males). According to statistics, the symptoms of this disease are observed in half of the representatives of the stronger sex. The main part of them were men older than 50 years. But prostatitis occurs in young age, on the background of other diseases or as a separate pathology.
The disease is not contagious and not sexually transmitted (it is not found in women). But the sex life is often the precipitating factor.
What is prostatitis
About what is prostatitis, you know, approximately 40% of men of the entire population of the globe. This disease of the prostate, resulting from attacks of inflammatory agents. As a result of their exposure to developing adverse microflora, which if untreated causes complications.
Prostatitis in men, usually begins acutely, with the manifestation of typical clinical manifestations. But the danger of the disease lies in the fact that it may be secretly, gradually passing into the chronic stage.
Most susceptible to inflammation of the prostate gland men aged 30-50 years, leading a sedentary lifestyle and having bad habits. But lately the disease has started to “look younger” and appear even in young men aged 20-25 years.
Symptoms of prostatitis
Symptoms of prostatitis in men, rarely appear at the initial stage. The primary symptoms are weak, often remain without attention. This causes the transfer of disease into suppurative form or chronic.
Knowing the first signs of prostatitis in men can prevent complications such as impotence and cancer. What symptoms should pay attention to:
- frequent, painful urination;
- deterioration of potency, early ejaculation, absence of ejaculation, decreased libido;
- pain during defecation;
- pain in the abdomen, sacrum and groin;
- weakness, drowsiness, General malaise;
- the increase in body temperature, signs of intoxication: headache, fever, etc.
The main symptom of prostatitis in men is a pain. It can be pronounced or weak, to give in the lumbar and groin. Often the patient can not determine the source of the pain, because it radiates to other organs.
Dysuric disorders encountered in acute and chronic form of prostatitis men. They are manifested frequent urination with feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder. The urge to disturb you even in night time, causing waking up several times. In the toilet leaves a small amount of urine, and the process is accompanied by painful sensations.
Sexual dysfunction tend to increase. One of the main symptoms of prostatitis in men is the decline of erection. With the development of the disease the quality of sexual life worsens, the sex ceases to be fun. Marked deterioration of the reproductive function. Inflammatory disease of the prostate in men can cause infertility.
Causes and predisposing factors
The causes of prostatitis are different and pertain primarily to the irregularity of contraception and healthy lifestyles. Though often the disease occurs on the background of infectious processes in the urogenital system.
Causes of prostatitis include:
- venereal sexually transmitted disease;
- sedentary lifestyle (sedentary work);
- blood stasis in the prostate gland and surrounding tissue;
- chronic constipation;
- protection by means of the interrupted sexual intercourse;
- injury of the perineum;
- wearing tight underwear;
- alcohol abuse, Smoking.
Of the disease causing the syndrome of prostatitis:
- foci of bacterial infection;
- diseases of the rectum;
- chlamydia, gonorrhea and other STDs.
Prostatitis is often the consequence of unhealthy lifestyle. By precipitating factors include:
- unbalanced diet prevailing in the intake of foods that increase the body burden (fried, fatty meals, fast foods, etc.);
- frequent stress and their solution by means of alcohol and drugs;
- Smoking. Reduces protective functions of the body;
- lack of sleep;
- low physical activity and, conversely, overtraining.
To prevent inflammation of the prostate gland, you need to lead a healthy lifestyle, in a timely manner to treat existing pathology and to use barrier contraception.
Types and forms of prostatitis
Symptoms of prostatitis depend on the type and form of the disease. This parameter also helps to determine treatment.
The acute form
This is the beginning of prostatitis with pronounced clinical symptoms. The reason for the development are microorganisms that can live in the body forever and not to bring harm. But by reducing the immunity they aktiviziruyutsya and begin to actively proliferate, affecting the urogenital system.
Acute form is characterized by rapid development. First, the body temperature rises, then this symptom with pain and discomfort.
The chronic form
The symptoms of chronic prostatitis in men is weak or absent. The main symptom is difficult urination, accompanied by pain in the groin.
But the absence of symptoms does not mean that the pathology can pass on their own and are not dangerous for health. It is a chronic form becomes the cause of benign prostatic hyperplasia and other pathologies of the genitourinary system.
The peculiarity of this form is that when reduced immunity, the disease returned in an acute stage. And every relapse becomes more pronounced and painful.
Division of chronic prostatitis occurs in the following types:
- Bacterial. Cause are bacteria That aktiviziruyutsya by reducing the immunity. Also this type include inflammation of the prostate caused by sexually transmitted diseases. The first sign of bacterial prostatitis is getting pain and burning sensation during intercourse and urinating.
- Calculous. The cause is the accumulation of stones. This type is rare and mainly in older men. Typical feeling when calculous prostatitis becomes a pain in the rump and groin area when walking.
- Stagnant. This non-infectious form of the inflammatory process caused by stagnation of blood in the pelvis. Provoking factors is sedentary, sedentary lifestyle. Lack of sex or no sex. Manifested by symptoms such as pain when urinating and the groin.
- Infectious. This type of signs similar to bacterial species. The infectious forms are becoming fungi and single-celled microorganisms that penetrate from other organs of the urogenital system. Precipitating factor is reduced immunity.
- Purulent. Severe form of the disease with infectious origin. The signs of suppurative prostatitis in men include the rise in body temperature to 39 degrees and more, the symptoms of intoxication and purulent discharge from the urethra.
At the first signs of prostatitis is virtually impossible to determine the form and type of the disease. It is required to diagnose and study the condition of the prostate.
The risk of prostatitis
In the absence of timely and adequate treatment of inflammation of prostate in men, the risk of complications. These include:
- Urethritis. Is inflammation of the urinary channel caused by the spread of infection from the prostate to nearby organs. But the urethritis is not dangerous, but appearing on the background of renal insufficiency poses a serious threat to health and life.
- Vesiculitis. It is an inflammation of the seminal vesicles, leading to erectile dysfunction and infertility.
- Abscess. This is a possible complication of purulent forms of prostatitis in which the prostate gland accumulates pus. Abscess in improper treatment and its absence is fatal.
- Adenoma. Inflammation of the prostate leads to its dysfunction and benign formations. The growth of tissue is BPH.
- Cancer. Adenoma and chronic prostatitis are the main causes of cancer. And because of the weak clinical symptoms, to differentiate it from other pathologies of the genitourinary system is very difficult.
- Infertility. The prostate gland is involved in the synthesis of sperm required for successful fertilization. When inflammation of this organ is disturbed, the natural process of procreation.
When inflammation of the prostate in men manifest unpleasant symptoms, it leads to psychological discomfort. The patient deteriorates the quality of sexual life, there are signs of inferiority. Against this background, there is discord in the family, isolation, depression. Therefore, prostatitis and neurological diseases are closely linked.
Treatment of prostatitis
Treatment of prostatitis begins with the diagnosis. For this purpose digital and ultrasound examination of the prostate, is appointed General and biochemical blood analysis, urine analysis. A doctor is the clinical picture of the disease, examines the impact of prostatitis in men. On the basis of studies assigned therapy.
Requires complex treatment, which includes:
- the administration of antibacterial medications;
- prostate massage;
- correction of the immune system;
- folk remedies.
In some cases, surgical treatment is shown. Reasons for surgical intervention are:
- the inflammatory process affects several organs in the pelvis;
- complications of prostatitis in benign or malignant tumors;
- ineffective conservative treatment;
- abscess of the prostate;
- urinary retention or difficulty urinating;
- stones in the bladder or in the kidneys.
About, than to treat prostatitis, says the urologist. He also gives advice on the correction of lifestyle for the prevention of inflammation and prevent relapse. These include:
- The use of barrier contraception when changing partner.
- Avoiding alcohol and Smoking.
- Moderate exercise.
- Proper, balanced nutrition, including foods rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Measured sex life.
To prevent the disease is much easier than curing it and the consequences of the inflammatory process. And definitely every man need to know how to look for symptoms of acute and chronic prostatitis. Upon detection of the first symptoms should immediately go to the doctor and not to self-medicate.